Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Riding the gravy train

Fresh from watching the documentary Making of Dark Side of the Moon, I'm in love all over again. People around me have by now taken my obsession as a given.
Something without reason. Many of them are ardent Floyd fans themselves, some of them actually baptised into the religion by yours truly. But they do have an other musical life. Some are inclined towards modern hindi numbers, others have a taste in contemporary Paki bands. Still others have explored much farther and are now into jazz and hardcore blues, the very influences of most rock bands including Floyd. All of them are conventional non-Floyd rock lovers too obviously. Led Zep, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, all find following among them. I love most of the aforementioned genres myself, especially the blues. And all the other other rock bands too. But my Floyd addiction threatens to grow to dangerous proportions. I listen to other music on and off but always, always end up listening to one Floyd album or the other in its entirety at the end of it all. Others have moved on and retained their love of Floyd at the same time. I don't even attempt it, for the fear of succeeding.
Evangelist,eh? Yea that's probably how they see me, to put it very very politely. But there's no doubt my obsession, though not understood, is still respected.

Which is why when I suggested to Mandu that I'm planning to buy the original Making of DSotM DVD ,during my summer internship in Korea,if available i.e.,he understood my desperation and actually downloaded it from the net almost immediately.God bless him!
I've already watched it three times since yesterday,and will now write it on a DVD and take it to Home.home again.....

I'm in love,again.

p.s.More on my affair in the next post,which will attempt to (shudder),actually review the piece for assorted lunatics called Dark Side of the Moon.

No comments: