Monday, May 02, 2005

Just another brick...


It's uncanny,really!my tendency to listen to this legendary Floyd number seems to synchronize well with mid sems and end sems.At times,I'm inclined to believe that probably I seek Floydian relief in every ominous situation,perhaps I've become too much of a Pink Floyd maniac.But then,this one is hardly my fave Floyd number.Far from it,in fact!I hardly ever listen to it otherwise,the band has produced much better music,and Waters has written far more mesmerising lyrics....
Perhaps it is the lyrics after all.No,its not at all the way it seems.I'm not in the least reminded of teachers " who hurt the children in any way they could".I'm long past that stage now.Profs hardly bother me any more,and they certainly don't "pour their derision on everthing we do".It's the later part of the chorus,"All in all,its just another brick in the wall".Every time I listen to it,I become more and more a passionate fan of Waters' sheer genius.The concept that he conceived,the mini-opera of an album that he created!Maybe not their best music,but definitely their most relevant concept album.This is exactly how it feels,another brick in the wall,yet another brick in the wall......

2 comments:

Akhil Gupta said...

so, now the dude's THICK AS A BRICK!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.